After Forging Beaumont’s Documents for another Sewer Bond Amer Jakher Slithers to Chino with the Board of Engineers on his Tail.
Under administrative direction, plans, oversees and directs the activities and operations of the Public Works Department, including engineering, street services, wastewater, land developments, traffic engineering, capital improvement programs, traffic planning and engineering, special projects, control staffing levels and department budget; coordinates assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies; and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Assistant City Manager; and does related work as assigned.
CORE (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES:
- Plans, assigns, directs and exercises administrative supervision over divisional employees engaged in a wide variety of engineering services, public works maintenance and operating tasks;
- Assume full management responsibility for all department services and activities including engineering, streets, traffic and wastewater operations;
- Recommends and administers policies and procedures;
- Serves as City Engineer;
- Supervises and participates in the City’s capital improvement plan and budget;
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the department budget;
- Approve the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies;
- Approve expenditures and implement budgetary adjustment as appropriate and necessary;
- Directs the selection training, development, evaluation and discipline of department staff pursuant to City guidelines and agreements;
- Advises and supports the Assistant City Manager and represents the department in policy matters;
- Directs and participates in the development and implementation of the City’s goals, objectives, policies and procedures;
- Represents the Public Works Department in relations with the community, advisory committees, local, state, federal and other public works agencies and professional organizations;
- Schedules public hearings and leads discussions regarding proposed public works projects;
- Perform research regarding equipment and operations; advise the acceptance of bids and the ordering of supplies;
- Respond and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
Minimum eighteen (18) years of age; Must possess a high school diploma from an accredited high school or G.E.D. equivalent; Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Engineering, Public Administration or an equivalent field; Masters degree in a related field desirable; Ten (10) years of responsible management experience involving public works operations; Registration as a Civil Engineer in the State of California is highly desirable; Must possess a valid California Class C Driver’s License and maintain possession of such license during the course of employment; Must have an acceptable driving record, be insurable at standard rates by City’s insurance carrier, and maintain such insurability during the course of employment.
Status Open Category City of Beaumont
Jobs Salary $11,696 – $14,974 monthly
Published Sep 25, 2018, 12:00 AM
In other News:
The City of Chino Names New Public Works Director
After a competitive process, Amer Jakher has been selected to fill the position of Public Works Director. Mr. Jakher will serve as a key member of the City Manager’s Executive Management Team and will be responsible for the City’s capital improvement projects, traffic operations, fleet management and water distribution.
Mr. Jakher replaces former Director of Public Works and Assistant City Manager, Jose Alire who retires October 23 after 15 years of service with the City of Chino.: https://cityofchino.org/news/n…