31 Agenda Items and the City is Suing the County and Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District AGAIN
Beaumont City Council Agenda
Closed Session 5:00 PM
Regular Session 6:00 PM
550 E 6th Street, Beaumont, Ca
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
4. Conference with Legal Counsel Regarding Potential Initiation of Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4): City of Beaumont v. Gail M. Wallis, Kenneth R. Conard and Beverly E. Conard as Trustees of the Conard Family Trust, Beaumont Cherry Valley Water District and the County of Riverside
3. Approval of Fourth Amendment Tolling Agreement with George McFarlin, James Anderson and former firm, McFarlin & Anderson LLP
4. Resolution Approving the Annual Anticipated DBE Participation Level (AADPL) of 17.91% for Federal Fiscal (FFY) 2018/2019
5. Notice of Completion and Bond Exoneration for Monument Bond No. 5026229, Tract Map No. 33096-2, Monument Bond No. 1945117, Tract Map No. 33096-11, and Street and Storm Drain Performance Bond No. 929350861, Tract Map No. 32260-1 – K. Hovnanian
6. Notice of Completion and Certification of Acceptance and Bond Exoneration for Monument Bond No. 929610189, Monument Bond No. 929598683, Sewer Maintenance Bond No. 5022635-M, Sewer Maintenance Bond No. 8166167-M, Storm Drain Maintenance Bond No. 103883722-M, and Sewer Performance Bond No. 82296452 – Pardee Homes
Approval of all Ordinances and Resolutions to be read by title only
7. Public Hearing for Short Range Transit Plan FYs 2019-2021
8. Continuance of Public Hearing from May 1, 2018 and Consider Tentative Tract Map 37428 (TM2017-0003), Located within the Sundance Specific Plan in the Southeast Corner of Brookside Ave and Cherry Ave
9. Public Hearing for a Resolution Amending the Fee Schedule for User Fee with Regards to Patio Covers
Approval of all Ordinances and Resolutions to be read by title only.
10. Approval of Contract for Telecommunications Internet Service with Spectrum
11. Award of Contract for Building and Safety Plan Check Services
Recommended Council Action(s):
1. Approve the on-call services contract with Scott Fazekas and Associates, Inc. Willdan Engineering and Interwest Consulting group.
12. Award Third Renewal of Contract for Traffic Signal Maintenance and Emergency Signal Maintenance to St. Francis Electric LLC, in the Amount, Not to Exceed $41,040 for Fiscal Year 2018/2019
13. Authorization to Record Notice of Completion for the 8th Street Resurfacing Project STPL-5209(009)
14. Consideration of PLAN2018-0153 Walmart Elevation/Color Changes, Located at 1540 E. 2nd Street
15. Notice of Intent for Street Vacation of Logistics Way Recorded in Parcel Map No. 34209
16. Community Facilities District No. 93-1 Improvement Areas 19C Approving Acquisition Agreement with SDC Fairway Canton, LLC
17. Community Facilities District No. 93-1 Improvement Area 7B and 7D Approving Acquisition Agreement with K. Hovnanian
18. Improvement and Credit / Reimbursement Agreement Transportation Uniform Mitigation Fee (TUMF) between the City of Beaumont and Lassen Development Partners, LLLP for the Potrero / 4th Street Extension Project
19. 2017 General Plan Annual Progress Report
20. Authorize Second Amendment to the Professional Service Agreement for Wastewater Regulatory Support Services / NPDES to G&G Environmental Consultants, Inc of Riverside, California in the Amount Not to Exceed $146,127 for Fiscal Year 2018/19
21. Authorize First Amendment to the Professional Services Contract for Annual Sewer Cleaning/Debris Removal Services to Houston Harris PCS, Inc. of Grand Terrace, California, in the Amount Not to Exceed $90,550 for the Fiscal Year 2018/2019
22. Consider A Resolution Adopting Technically Based Local Wastewater Discharge Litimations
23. Approve a Resolution of the City Council of Beaumont Regarding Its Intention to Issue Tax-Exempt Obligations
24. City of Beaumont Draft Audited Financial Statements for the Fiscal Year June 30, 2017
*Draft Audit attachment forthcoming*
Recommended Council Action(s):
1. Discussion and review of statements; and
2. Direct staff and auditor to finalize reporting and present final draft at June 19, 2018 meeting.
25. FY18-19 Budget – Revision 2: General Fund, Waste Water Operations Fund, CFD Special Revenue Funds
26. Approval of Cal Fire Invoice for January – March 2018 Services $624,577.15.
27. Approval of Agreement to Enter into the Local Responsibility Area Wildland Protection Reimbursement Agreement
28. Approval of Contract for Legal Services with Slovak, Baron, Empey, Murphy & Pinkney LLP (SBEMP)
29. Reimbursement of Travel Expenses to Council Member Lloyd White
30. Legislative Updates and Discussion:
AB 448 – Local Governments – Parcel Taxes Notice.
AB 931 – Criminal Procedure – Use of Force by Peace Officers.
AB 1912 – Public Employees’ Retirement – Joint Powers Agreement Liability.
AB 2242 – Urban Water Management Planning – Assessment of Reliability of Water Service.
31. Status of Litigation Report