$9.5 Million paid to Beaumont’s ‘New’ Bond Lawyers & Consultants
Stradling Yocca has been paid $2.9 Million to be Beaumont’s ‘Bond Counsel’. Is this money coming from the CFD ‘Services Tax’ ?
Beaumont City Manager Todd Parton’s Staff Report lists the cost to comply with the SEC Order:
$36,910.20: Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP.
$115,000: Stradling Yocca Carlson Rauth + $35,000 to $40,000 more planned.
Parton’s Staff Report also says: “Albert A. Webb & Associates has provided professional services throughout the process and has not charged the City. Webb will not bill the City for any additional work required to achieve certification of full compliance.”
Webb was gifted a no-bid contract to be Beaumont’s ‘Special Tax Consultant’ on July 7, 2015.
Parton’s Staff Report does not include the $895/hour Law Firm of Orrick Herrington hired to “fight the SEC”. Parton also failed to include Mike Busch of Urban Futures who was referenced in both the SEC Continuing Disclosure Training and this Report.
A total of $9,537,458.86 has been paid to the ‘new lawyers and consultants’ that have caused the SEC Cease and Desist Order by forging government documents to defraud banking institutions.
- $2,218,145.35: Law Firm of Slovak Baron Empey Murphy Pinkney Started April 28, 2015
- $3,422,904.38: Albert A Webb & Associates Started June 7, 2015
- $520,200.48: Urban Futures Started June 15, 2015
- $2,955,651.76: Law Firm of Stradling Yocca Carlson Rauth Started October 27, 2015
- $383,646.69: Law Firm of Orrick Herrington Sutcliffe Started July 5, 2016
- $36,910.20: Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP Started November 7, 2017
Part of the $3.4 Million paid to Webb is on behalf of the Sewer scam – if that makes anyone feel better.
Stradling Yocca has been paid $2.9 Million to be Beaumont’s ‘Bond Counsel’. Where is this money coming from? From the CFD ‘Services Tax’ ?
If not for the Gross Negligence and Fraud by the ‘new’ Beaumont City Council’s Staff, Lawyers, and Consultants the SEC wouldn’t have Issued a Cease and Desist Order against the Beaumont Finance Authority.